Matarsutir Kochuri, Healthy Bengali Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3228 times
A delicacy from the kitchens of Bengal, this kochuri is made using a dough of two flours with a green peas filling.
The flavours of aniseeds, kalonji and pepper mingle together in the stuffing to create a truly zesty bite! This is a filling snack, with the goodness of whole wheat and jowar flours, not to forget the nutrition boost from green peas.
As we have baked the Matarsutir Kochuri rather than deep-frying, the calorie-count is also absolutely under control.
You can also try other healthy baked snacks like Baked Samosa with Mixed Sprouts or Tandoori Paneer Calzone .
Add your private note
Matarsutir Kochuri, Healthy Bengali Snack recipe - How to make Matarsutir Kochuri, Healthy Bengali Snack
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time: 35 minutes Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F) Total Time:
Makes 14 kochuris
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead well into a semi-stiff dough, using enough water. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, without using water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared green pea paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Divide the filling into 14 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thin circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre. Bring together all the edges in the centre, seal them tightly and flatten it slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 13 more kochuris.
- Brush each kochuri with little oil and arrange on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes, turn them over and again bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per kochuri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.