Masala Bhat By shshy
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6008 times
An unique main course recipe, Masala bhat(rice) is basically rice cooked with masaledaar spices,onion and tomato puree. The whole spices like cinnamon and cloves add aroma to the chawal dish and adds color on your dinner table.
- Microwave the rice or pressure cooker it.
- Meanwhile, mash the potatoes into slightly medium chunks.
- In a kadai, heat olive oil.
- Add jeera. after it becomes hot, add the cut curry leaves.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. add onions.
- Add hing, haldi, chili powder & garam masala.
- After a minute, add the cut tomatoes & green chilies.
- Add salt & mix well. now add the boiled mashed potatoes.
- Stir for 2 minutes. switch off the gas.
- After the rice is done, add it to the kadai. mix well.
- Add a 1 tsp of ghee & coriander leaves.
- Keep it closed.
- Mix & serve while ready to eat.
This recipe was contributed by shshy on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.