Makhane ki Kheer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 42 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 127848 times
Rich in protein and calcium, makhana or fox-nut combines beautifully with low-fat milk to make a creamy and delicious kheer. A lacing of nutmeg powder and saffron lends an aesthetic touch to the Makhane ki Kheer, making this a memorable dessert that lingers on your taste buds. Makhana is also a great choice for weight-watchers as it is low in fat.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the lotus seeds and sauté on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn crisp.
- Remove from the flame and blend the lotus seeds in a mixer to a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the sugar substitute and coarsely crushed lotus seeds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the saffron and nutmeg powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with pistachios slivers.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.