5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21860 times
This delicious Soya Kheer is a perfect option to please your palate and take care of your body’s requirements. It is abundant in protein and calcium, and a must-have especially for vegetarians who find it difficult to meet their daily protein needs. Since it is made with soya granules, which cook quickly, it takes just around 20 minutes to complete this dish, including soaking and preparation times. Subtly sweet, with spicy accents of cardamom, this Soya Kheer is sure to delight your whole family, and improve their health as well!
- Soak the soya granules in enough hot water for 5 minutes, cover with a lid and keep aside.
- Drain well and wash the soya granules 2 to 3 times under running water. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a broad non-stick pan and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the soya granules, sugar and cornflour-water mixture and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the kheer thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve chilled garnished with almond slivers.
Soya Kheer (Pregnancy Recipe) Video of Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.