Lemon Curd, Lemon Curd For Dessert Topping
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14802 times
This lemony dressing is just the right ingredient to transform any dessert into a tangy treat! Lemon Curd has a luscious texture thanks to butter and eggs, and a refreshingly tangy flavour derived from lemon juice and rind.
You can spread it on cakes fill it into sweet tarts or even decorate cupcakes with it. Lose yourself in the captivating aroma and rejuvenating flavour of this dessert topping.
- Break the eggs in a deep bowl, and whisk it lightly using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat enough water in a deep non-stick pan, place a steel bowl over it, put the lemon juice, grated rind, butter and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the beaten egg gradually while mixing it continuously using a wooden spoon.
- Cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes till it is thick and coats the back of a spoon, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, cool completely and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.