by Foodie #534729
This recipe has been viewed 2010 times
A quick and tasty recipe.
- Wash the massor and keep aside.
- Combine the masoor with salt and turmeric in a pressure cooker, add enough water and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and mash the dal slightly. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, asafoetida and broken red chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #534729 on 13 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.