Quick Dal Recipes, Quick Kadhi Recipes
‘Quick’ is today’s mantra. The easier and faster you can prepare a dish, higher are the chances of preparing it frequently. Elaborate dishes hold a special place in our cuisine, but in our busy lifestyle, they are reserved for special days.
Gujarati Dal ( Gujarati Recipe)
On a daily basis, we are always on the lookout for quick and easy dishes, spanning all courses of the meal.
Quick Kadhis and Quick Dals are part and parcel of a homely meal – and the best part is that everyday kadhis and dals can be made in a jiffy, so you can prepare them any day.
5 reason they are quick
1. Easy and simple recipes to follow.
2. Easily available ingredients in every household.
3. Variations available in these recipes from different region.
4. No much pre preps required.
5. Healthy option available, with addition of few ingredients.
Bengali Matarsutir Dal
Popular quick Gujarathi dal and kadhi
Gujarathis have slightly different palate from others, the dals and kadhis will be chatpata in taste.. they love it that way.. here are few recipes which you will experience while you make..
1. Khatta Moong a quick and easy Gujarati sabzi recipe. It is super easy to make and is made with minimum and the most basic ingredients.
Khatta Moong ( Gujarati Recipe)
2. Gujarati Kadhi a traditional Gujarati preparation of a wonderful sweet and spicy curd mixture thickened with besan (gram flour), which can be enhanced in many ways using other ingredients.
3. Dapka Kadhi Moong dal dumplings cooked in a traditional Gujarati curd mixture.
4. Gujarati Suva Kadhi an excellent source of calcium, and when you combine it with dill leaves, it gets even richer!
Gujarati Suva Kadhi
Regional Quick dals and Kadhis
Every region has its own taste of dals and kadhi. Here are recipes where you can taste different kinds of dals and kadhis..
1. Dal Fry a popular Punjabi dal fry. A mixture of moong and masoor dal cooked to perfection in dhaba style dal fry and perked up with an aromatic tempering along with fried onions and tomatoes.
2. Spicy Mixed Dal traditional spices to give a tangy, spicy, delectable accompaniment for parathas and rotis.
Spicy Mixed Dal
3. Kokum Kadhi an exciting flavour this Kokum Kadhi has. Indeed, the best of homely flavours, tanginess, is the highlight of this recipe.
4. Peanut Kadhi made with roasted peanut powder and fresh curds, thickened with rajgira flour instead of besan.
Peanut Kadhi, Farali Mungfali Kadhi, Vrat ki Kadhi
5. Kerala Style Tomato Dal brings in a distinct south Indian flavor to the table.
Kerala Style Tomato Dal
Healthy quick dals and kadhis
These recipes have addition of lot of ingredientswhich make them healthy and nutritious at the same time.. try these recipes and feel healthy ..
1. Subzi Kadhi medley of vegetables make this kadhi interesting and delicious.
2. Karela Kadhi an innovative calcium rich kadhi! Keep in mind however that the karelas must be well cooked before adding the curds and spices to remove most of its bitterness.
3. Moong Dal Methi Sabzi a dry accompaniment to rotis and chapatis. Healthy methi leaves with moong dal is a quick sabzi which suits people of all ages.
4. Palak Kadhi Palak purée and green paste imparts flavouir along with a bright green colour and vitamin A to the dish.
5. Zero Oil Masoor Dal a storehouse of nutrients like protein, folic acid, iron and zinc. Protein is required for the formation of new cells, their growth and maintenance.
Indian dals and kadhis
Indian dals and kadhis always a super hit in any house hold.. as it is a daily affair.. to make dals and kadhis.. but here you have little variation. Do try these and surely you will love it..
1. Masala Chana Dal an accompaniment prepared from chana dal, spiked up with tomato pulp and onions, laced with simple spice powders. You will love the soothing flavour of this easy dal.
Masala Chana Dal
2. Methiche Varan perked up with fenugreek leaves and tasty spice powders and pastes.
3. Rice Pakoda Kadhi scrumptious pakodas, which are a wonderful value-add to traditional curd-based kadhi.
Rice Pakoda Kadhi
4. Methi Pakoda Kadhi a traditional favourite. While regular sour curds Kadhis qualifies as simple, this Kadhi gets the status of a specialty thanks to a simple enhancement of adding methi.
Methi Pakoda Kadhi
5. Masala Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables simple procedure transforms dal, vegetables and everyday spices and ingredients, into a sumptuous dal that tastes heavenly with Roti,puri or even just plain Rice ( Cooked Rice)
Masala Masoor Dal with Mixed Vegetables
Enjoy our Quick Dal Recipes, 98 Quick Kadhi Recipes | and other Indian quick recipe articles below.
Quick Recipes (2900 recipes)
Quick Breakfast (279 recipes)
Quick Chutneys (215 recipes)
Quick Desserts (48 recipes)
Quick Dips & Sauces (186 recipes)
Quick Healthy Recipes (36 recipes)
Quick Indian Desserts (10 recipes)
Quick Noodles (103 recipes)
Quick Pasta (56 recipes)
Quick Pickles / Aachar (42 recipes)
Quick Pizza (28 recipes)
Quick Pressure Cooker (50 recipes)
Quick Rice Recipes (128 recipes)
Quick Rotis / Parathas (81 recipes)
Quick Snacks / Starters (862 recipes)
Quick Soups (143 recipes)
Quick Stir-Fries (120 recipes)
Quick Subzis (264 recipes)
Quick Sweets (300 recipes)