Green Chilli Pickle, Low Salt Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 75% LIKED IT
3 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 18 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57591 times
Chillies come together with a unique blend of spices, giving rise to a tongue-tickling accompaniment for any meal. Whether dhoklas or khichdi, just serve a little of this Green Chilli Pickle alongside the dish to give it a fiery touch.
A special blend of spices like soonth and carom seeds compensates for the reduction in salt, giving the same finger-licking effect as a salt-loaded one.
This yummy accompaniment can also be enjoyed by hypertensive people, in limited quantities and only occasionally.
A low-salt, low-sodium menu can also include other dishes like the Mili Jhuli Subzi and the Mooli Moong Dal .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, peppercorns and carom seeds together in a broad non-stick pan till it leaves a nice aroma. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Powder all the roasted ingredients in a blender till smooth.
- Add the dry ginger powder, jaggery, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Mix the prepared masala with the sautéed green chillies in a deep bowl and keep aside to marinate for atleast 3 to 4 hours.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate till required. This pickle will last for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Use only light green variety of chillies to make this pickle, else the pickle will be very spicy.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.