Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls ( Tiffin Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49486 times
Can you picture the smile that blooms on your kids’ faces when they see their favourite fast food packed in the lunch box? These delicious Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls are filled with a white sauce thickened with bread and loaded with colourful and tasty veggies. The stuffing is such that it does not become watery or chewy over time, so the rolls stay fresh till lunch time. Your kids will love this cheese-topped delight right up to the last bite. Team it up with a sweet treat like Quick Chocolaty Biscuits .
- Slit each hot dog roll and lightly scoop out the centres. Keep the scooped portion of the bread aside.
- Brush both the sides of the hot dog roll with a little melted butter.
- Bake the brushed hot dog rolls in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn, carrots, soft scooped portion of hot dog rolls (kept aside), sugar, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Spread a portion of the stuffing in the hollow cavity of the lower part of a toasted hot dog roll.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it and sandwich it with a upper part of the toasted hot dog roll.
- Repeat step 1 and 2 to make 3 more stuffed hot dog rolls.
- Bake all the stuffed hot dog rolls in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 minutes.
- Cool slightly and wrap it in an aluminium foil and pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per roll
|Vitamin A||453 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.