Veg Stuffed French Bread
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 153 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42840 times
Typically served with soup as a starter or light dinner, the Veg Stuffed French Bread can also be enjoyed as an off-beat evening snack with a cup of desi tea!
Soft and fresh baguette bread is stuffed with a creamy stuffing of corn and coloured capsicums, and baked to perfection till the cheese melts, and the spices and herbs fuse with the remaining ingredients.
With the creaminess of butter and white sauce, the crunch of veggies, the softness of bread and the gooeyness of molten cheese, this multi-textured Veg Stuffed French Bread is a real treat to the palette.
You can adjust the spice levels of this dish by adding more or less chilli flakes as you please.
You can also try other recipes like the Stuffed Hot Dog Rolls or Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the colored capsicum and corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the white sauce, grated cheese, chilli flakes, mixed herbs, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minute. Keep aside.
- Place the baguette on a clean, dry surface and slit it from top and scoop out the centre using your fingers, so as to form a hollow cavity. Discard the scooped out portion.
- Fill the baguette with the prepared mixture.
- Place it on a greased baking tray and sprinkle processed cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.