by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 83 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36575 times
Myriad colourful veggies, sautéed till crisp and tossed with noodles and sauce, make a wonderful filling for wontons. The success of this stuffing, and most stir-fried veggies for that matter, depends on heating the kadai properly. You need to make it smoke, literally, before adding the veggies, so that the bright colours and crunchiness of the veggies are retained. Stuff the wonton wrappers, seal them and deep-fry till perfectly golden in colour. Serve the Fried Wontons with Schezuan sauce to enjoy a rainy evening the Chinese way!
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the cabbage, spring onion whites, carrots, bean sprouts and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles, soya sauce and salt and toss well. Keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour with ¼ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean, flat surface.
- Place a little stuffing in the centre, apply a little flour paste along the edges and fold over to make a semi-circle. Bring the ends together and press well.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and stuffing to make 24 more wontons.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry, a few wontons at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with schezuan sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.