This recipe has been viewed 1564 times
Festive Rice is a delightful preparation of basmati rice with whole spices, medjool dates, green frozen peas and pistachios.
The dates add a delicious sweet taste and flavour.
- Wash and rinse the rice 3 to 4 times, drain and then keep aside.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, bay leaves and cinnamon. Fry for 1/2 a minute.
- Add the salt, pistachios, and dates and saute.
- Add the green peas and water, mix well.
- Increase the heat to high, and bring the water to a full boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and cook for 5-7 minutes or until you see air bubbles form in the rice.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid, and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is fully absorbed.
- Turn off the heat.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Currysutra on 20 Dec 2013Love affair with Indian Vegetarian and Vegan cookery. Can't live without my pressure cooker! I'm an ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.