Coconut Rice By Pearlie
This recipe has been viewed 2617 times
Enjoy the aromatic and delicious coconut rice with the rice grains cooked in a creamy coconut milk. The choice of whole spices, flavoursome basmati rice and a tempering of bay leaf, cashews and chopped coriander leaves makes this rice recipe irrestible. Goes well with any chutney or vindaloo recipe.
- Clean, wash the rice and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a pressure cooker and add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bayleaf and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, remaining butter, salt and turmeric powder, mix well, add little water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till the rice is cooked.
- Serve hot garnished with fried cashewnuts.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 25 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.