by Tarla Dalal
Added to 704 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 359530 times
Who can resist the temptation of sinking their teeth into a soft, rich and gooey chocolate cake? An all-time favourite, the Chocolate Cake fits perfectly into any occasion , and is a must-add to everybody’s cooking folders.
This intensely-flavoured eggless chocolate cake is surprisingly easy to make and hardly requires any complex preparations.
Made with an ideal combination of flour, butter and condensed milk, this cake has a wonderfully rich texture – not to forget the memorable flavour derived from cocoa and vanilla. A recipe that is definitely worth trying!
You can also try other delightful Cakes like Black Forest Cake or Cheesy Chocolate and Fruit Cake
Sift together the cocoa powder, plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence together in a deep bowl and beat using an electric beater for 2 minutes till light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour-cocoa powder mixture and milk and fold gently using a spatula till well mixed.
- Beat using an electric beater for 1 minute or till smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a lined and greased 150 mm. (6") diameter baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 25 minutes or till a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool slightly and demould. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.