Chaukri Dal Taka Tak
by Foodie #136146
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10349 times
Chaukri dal taka tak offers delectable mix of four (different lentils namely chana dal, moong, tuar and white urad dal. The lentils gets cooked and then are tempered with onion, ginger, tomatoes and indian spice powders. An assortment of traditional indian taste with a rich spicy flavour. Enjoy the chaukri taka tak with roti or rice.
- Combine and soak the dals in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain, add enough water and 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 of the grated ginger and the tied masalas and pressure cook for 4 whistles on a slow flame for 15 mins.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add the red chillies, green chilles, ginger, garlic, pepper, onions and tomatoes, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, turmeric and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the dal and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #136146 on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.