Chane ki Dal with Coconut
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4857 times
Chane ki dal with coconut is a traditional chana dal recipe which is made more flavourful by addition of freshly grated coconut , tamarind pulp and select spices. Enjoy the dal with steamed rice and mango pickle.
- Clean, wash the dal and pressure cook the dal with turmeric, salt, 1 tsp ghee and 3 cups of water, for 1-2 whisltes, or till cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add the red chillies and saute for more few seconds.
- Add the dal and coconut, mix well and bring the dal to boil.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by gutti on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.