Carrot and Date Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34734 times
Cold and crunchy, the Carrot and Date Salad is a rejuvenating treat for your palate. It is important to chill the carrots and lettuce before making this salad in order to enhance their crunch.
The carrot salad is served on a bed of lettuce to improve its visual appeal, plus lettuce also gives it a nice taste. The garnish of dates and roasted almonds is the masterstroke, which widens the range of textures and flavours of this salad.
Make sure the salad stays in the fridge till you serve it, to preserve its crunchy texture and fresh taste. Serve it with the Honey and Lemon Dressing, for a tad more sweetness and a dash of tanginess too.
Try our other popular recipes using dates, like Chocolate and Date Mousse , Date and Walnut Balls , Date and Sesame Wontons , Date and Sesame Puranpoli , Date Honey Banana Shake , Date and Chocolate Pinwheels and Soya Date Cookies .
- Put the carrots in ice-cold water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Put the lettuce in ice-cold water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Break off the individual lettuce leaves into bitesize pieces and prepare a bed of the leaves in a serving bowl.
- Spread the grated carrots in the middle.
- Sprinkle the chopped dates and toasted almonds over the carrots.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Serve cold with the dressing in a separate bowl.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||478 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.