Baby Corn Salt and Pepper
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 118 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71609 times
Succulently fresh baby corn, blanched and coated in a peppery batter, is deep-fried to perfection. To add to the thrills, the crisp corn is then stir-fried with zesty spring onions and pungent garlic, to make a flavour-rich starter that fits perfectly into an Oriental menu. Use only freshly roasted and ground pepper to make the Baby Corn Salt and Pepper, as it maximizes the flavour.
- Dry roast the peppercorns in a wok over a medium flame for a few minutes, grind coarsely and keep aside.
- Mix together the cornflour, salt, 1 teaspoon of coarsely ground pepper and ¼ cup of cold water.
- Dip the baby corn in this mixture and deep-fry till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside
- Heat the oil in a wok, over a high flame, add the spring onions, garlic, the remaining pepper and salt and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the fried baby corn and toss well. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.