Apple Sauce By shitalparande
This recipe has been viewed 3096 times
Apple sauce is a sauce or preserve made from the baked or cooked apples along with a wide range of spice powders like powdered cinnamon. A complete guide to prepare the apple sauce is presented here with the ingredients, cooking time and method.
- Peel, core, dice and apples.
- Combine apples, water and lemon rind in a large saucepan.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mixture should be mushy with few chunks of apples left.
- Add sugar and allow to melt while simmering on slow.
- When sugar is melted add cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- Watch closely and stir often to prevent burning.
- Applesauce should be thick, not watery.
- Check with plate or other test (refer jams, preserves,)
- Serve warm or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by shitalparande on 26 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.