Spinach Mushroom Rice Bake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 443 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15820 times
Buttered rice topped with spinach and mushroom.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the onion slices.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the rice.
- Stir for 2 to 3 more minutes and add 2 cups of water and salt.
- Simmer till the rice is cooked. Each grain of the rice should be separate.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion with the carom for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and allow the mixture to dry a little.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Lightly butter a 150 mm. (6") diameter baking dish.
- Arrange the buttered rice layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the spinach mushroom vegetable on it.
- Top with the sliced mushrooms and the grated cheese and bake in a preheated hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add a sprig of parsley and serve hot.
- You can also serve both the dishes separately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.