Quick Bread Snack
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 83% LIKED IT
5 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 542 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 208354 times
This quick bread snack is an upma like recipe made with crumbled bread. While the onions, ginger and green chillies add a bit of spice to the bread, the tomatoes, tomato ketchup and lemon juice impart an energising tanginess.
- Immerse the bread slices in enough water and remove immediately. Squeeze out all the water from the bread slices and crumble thoroughly. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the crumbled bread, tomato ketchup, lemon juice, salt and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.