Nutritious Jowar and Tomato Chila
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 427 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54105 times
Traditionally, chila is a thin pancake made of gram flour, but this nutritious chila uses a healthy combination of jowar, whole wheat and maize flour making it a great source of protein and vitamin A. You could also create your own version by combining other flours. Enjoy it with coriander garlic chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency using enough water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the non-stick tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more chilas.
- Serve hot with coriander green garlic chutney.
Nutrient values per chila
|Energy|| 71 calories|
|Protein|| 1.9 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 11.6 gm|
|Fat|| 1.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.2 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 191.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.