Mixed Vegetable Open Toast
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22306 times
Open toasts are very tempting because you can see what is in them. Imagine the whiffs of sautéed onion and garlic spreading in the air, the sight of colorful veggies, and a sumptuous dose of melted cheese lovingly caressing the veggies. Who can resist the temptation to bite into such a tantalizing Mixed Vegetable Open Toast?
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the french beans, carrots, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping in 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or till crisp.
- Spread a portion of the prepared topping evenly over each bread slice and sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.