Methi Mutter Pasanda
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 606 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24063 times
This recipe is an all time favourite. Puréed cauliflower perked with onion and spices imparts a creamy texture to this subji and eliminates the use of high calorie ingredients such as cream and cashewnuts. Methi has plenty of iron and vitamin a while fresh green peas provide fibre which adds bulk and satiates your appetite. This recipe is a perfect accompaniment for nutritious garlic naans.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick kadhai, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the onions turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, milk and besan, whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared cauliflower-onion paste, curds-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 86 calories|
|Protein|| 6.1 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 12.2 gm|
|Fat|| 1.4 gm|
|Vitamin C|| 11.8 mg|
|Calcium|| 147.8 mg|
|Iron|| 0.9 mg|
|Folic Acid|| 4.6 mcg|
|Fibre|| 1.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.