Eggless Vanilla Cake Using Condensed Milk ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 81 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 187787 times
Many a vegetarian loses out on the pleasure of pastries and western desserts because of the presence of egg in those recipes. Here is a way out for them… a way into the world of cakes!
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together. Keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and 75 ml. Of water and beat well. Keep aside.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to and bake at 150° c (300°f) for another 15 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven and leave aside for 1 minute. Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.