Cold Cucumber Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39860 times
Cold soups can be refreshing and appetizing at the same time, especially when garnished generously with perky mint and tantalizing pepper powder. This Cold Cucumber Soup is conveniently low-cal and low-fat, yet filled with the goodness of water-rich cucumber and crunchy capsicum. Low-fat milk and low-fat curds provide the necessary base for this soup, striking a proper balance between lightness and lusciousness!
- Combine the cucumber cubes and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cucumber turns soft. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the cucumber, milk, curds and salt and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the chopped cucumber and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the cucumber-milk mixture and mix well. Cool slightly and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled garnished with mint leaves and black pepper powder.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
| 43 kcal|| 2.4 gm|| 5.2 gm|| 1.4 gm|| 2.4 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.