Chilli Bean Soup ( Mexican)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36128 times
A spicy soup perfect for a winter’s day, yet not to spicy that it makes your eyes water! the chilli bean soup represents a delicate balance of tang and spice mellowed down with white sauce so every mouthful can be relished thoroughly.
- Combine the tomatoes, 4 cups of water and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and then strain it. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato mixture and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, baked beans, white sauce, sugar, chilli sauce and salt , mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with grated cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.