Tortilla Soup, Crushed Nacho Chips in Tomato Based Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 342 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14162 times
If you like salsa and nacho chips, then you will love this Tortilla Soup because it combines the pleasures of both treats in one bowlful! This unique Mexican treat features crushed nacho chips in a rich tomato-based soup.
Sautéed onions and juicy sweet corn enhance the flavour and texture of the soup, while a garnish of grated cheese adds to the soup’s appeal. The overall experience is awesome, combining the best of a rich soup with crunchy veggie tidbits and crispy nacho chips. Make sure you sauté the onions in butter because that imparts a special aroma and flavour to this mouth-watering creation.
To make a mini meal, serve with Mexican Tortilla Wrap .
- Combine the tomatoes and 2 cups of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely, blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the nacho chips and serve immediately garnished with cheese.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.