Cheesy Onion Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 275 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 109495 times
A filling of sautéed vegetables flavoured with tomato, chilli sauce and cheese the sumptuous cheesy onion grilled sandwich is an ideal breakfast offering.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and spring onion greens, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cheese, switch off the flame and mix well till the cheese melts.
- Allow it to cool slightly and divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 whole wheat bread slices on a flat, dry surface and butter them lightly.
- Place 1 portion of the prepared filling on each bread slice.
- Butter 2 more bread slices and place them on the filling with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Brush some more butter on top and grill in a greased griller for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sandwiches are brown and crisp.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 to make 2 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.