Paneer Bhurji Panini, Cottage Cheese Panini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6739 times
Panini is a gem of a dish from Italian cuisine, but it can easily be fused with our dynamic Indian cuisine.
Panini is a special type of grilled sandwich, which is not made with sliced bread, but with varieties like baguette or ciabatta. If you cannot find any of those exotic breads, go for hot dog rolls instead.
In this recipe, Indian cuisine influences the Panini, which is packed with our all-time favourite Paneer Bhurji. The flaky texture of grated paneer together with the tongue-tickling effect of spice powders like garam masala and pav bhaji masala make this Paneer Bhurji Panini an irresistible one.
You can also go for one of the classic Panini recipes like Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini or Cream Cheese Veg Panini .
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- 4. Switch off the flame; add the paneer and coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the paneer bhurji into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Slit each hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife. Apply 1 tsp of butter on each side.
- Take one bread roll and on the lower halve of the bread roll put a portion of the paneer bhurji and spread it evenly. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of spring onion greens evenly over it.
- Close the bread roll and apply ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 3 more paninis.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per panini
|Vitamin A||660.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.