Chaat Masala ( Chaat)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 289 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 186501 times
Most chaats owe their snazzy, tongue-tickling flavour to this peppy masala. Made of everyday spices, combined smartly with pungent ingredients like black salt and amchur powder, the Chaat Masala has a strong aroma, which draws one to any dish it is added to. And, it surely lives up to the expectations by imparting a very enjoyable flavour too. Here, we show you the perfect way to make it, so that you get a uniformly-blended masala, which can be stored for a long time.
- Put the cumin seeds in a broad non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute. Transfer them on a plate and keep aside to cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine the roasted cumin seeds and black peppercorns in a small jar of a mixer and blend to a smooth and fine powder.
- Sieve the powder using a sieve and discard the little coarse mixture left behind in the sieve.
- Add the dried mango powder, black salt, salt and asafoetida and mix well using your fingertips for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Store refrigerated or at room temperature in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.