Vegetable Hong Kong Style with Steamed Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50901 times
Diagonally cut vegetables, especially when they come in contrasting colours like white, yellow, green and orange, are a beautiful sight to behold.
However, this pretty combo transforms into a fiery tongue-tickler when combined with pungent sauces, red chillies, ginger and garlic, as you will experience in the Vegetable Hong Kong Style with Steamed Rice.
You can also try other popular Chinese vegetables like 5 Treasure Vegetables and Chinese Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce .
- Combine the cornflour and vegetable stock in a deep bowl , mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan or a wok, add the ginger, garlic, dry red chillies, capsicum and sauté on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cauliflower florets and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock-cornflour mixture, mix well and cook on medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.