Spinach Tartlets (Diabetic Snack) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11253 times
A simple, less exotic spinach filling for the whole wheat tartlets. The low - calorie white sauce keeps the snack healthy. For a tea party, you can create a range of different fillings. Remember however to go easy on the mozzarella cheese even if it is low in calories than other types of processed cheese.
Recipe Description for Spinach Tartlets, Whole Wheat Spinach Tartlets, Diabetic Snack
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Grease a muffin tray using ¾ tsp of melted butter and press the bread slices.
- Brush the bread slices with the remaining ¾ tsp of melted butter and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Keep aside.
- Combine the cauliflower and 1 cup of water in a non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till soft. Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the whole wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk and cauliflower purée and mix well till no lumps remain and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the sauce thickens.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuosly.
- Add the prepared low-calorie white sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the spinach filling into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Fill a portion of the spinach filling in each bread tartlets and sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 4 to 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Spinach Tartlets, Whole Wheat Spinach Tartlets, Diabetic Snack Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.