Sambhariyu Shaak Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11533 times
Sambhariyu Shaak is a traditional Gujarati stuffed vegetable dish. This dish can be customised to your liking by using any vegetables that you and your family prefer. However, the vegetables are to be selected carefully to make sure they look good and get cooked evenly. Pressure cooking is the easiest method to make this recipe as it uses less oil, takes less time and cooks evenly. Make sure you add the besan in the filling to make the veggies dry.
Recipe Description for Sambhariyu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
- Remove the ends of the tendli and the brinjals stalks.
- Make a vertical slit to the tendli and criss-cross slits to the brinjals.
- Stuff the tendli and brinjals with a little stuffing.
- Combine the stuffed tendli, stuffed brinjal, sweet potatoes, baby potatoes and the remaining stuffing in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker; add the asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the vegetable mixture and ¼ cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Sambhariyu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.