Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi Video By Tarla Dalal
Viewed 9124 times
The ever popular potato finds its way into every cuisine and is cooked in a different, delicious way each time. This recipe cooks them in tangy yoghurt gravy that is flavoured with fennel and nigella and other subtle spices. Aloo ki Subji served with puris is a favourite breakfast combination washed down with hot masala tea.
Recipe Description for Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi
- Combine the curds and besan in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, nigella seeds, bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, ¼ cup of water, chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the potatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.