Potato Amritsar Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 7880 times
Rich and luscious, the Potato Amritsari derives its grandeur from a paste of cahewnuts and onions, with green chillies and other ingredients. This creamy paste together with curds and spice powders forms a delicious base for deep-fried potato cubes, offering the diner an experience par excellence.
Recipe Description for Potato Amritsar ( Subzi)
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, cornflour and ½ cup of water in a bowl, mix well using a whisk and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the prepared paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the curds-cornflour mixture, chilli powder and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the potatoes and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with parathas.
See step by step images of Potato Amritsar ( Subzi) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.