by BETHICA DAS
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28128 times
Parwal cooked in an unusual way with achari masala. Achari masala is very much used with paneer generally. But here i have tried it with parwal and it simply tastes delicious and little different than the usual parwal dalna or dolma. Best had with phulkas/parathas.
- Scrape the parwals and cut them lengthwise (each parwal into four pieces).
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai and shallow fry the parwals till light brown. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same kadhai, add the powder and saute for 20 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute till light brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, tomato puree, garam masala and chilli powder mixed with a little water.
- Fry till oil separates.
- Now add the fried parwals, salt and 1/2 cup water, mix well and cook, covered on a slow flame till the parwals are soft and dry.
- Add the achari masala, stir for a minute and serve, garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 15 Nov 2018HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.