Mini Oats Khakhra (Iron Rich Recipe for Kids) Video by Tarla dalal
Viewed 9315 times
Khakhra gets healthier and tastier due to addition of oats and crunchy sesame seeds. Oats provide energy and protein to the kids along with good amount of fibre while sesame seeds add iron to their meals. Make the khakhras in batches and store them in an air-tight container to serve them to your kids at any time of the day they feel hungry.
Recipe Description for Mini Oats Khakhra
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a firm dough using a little water.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter thin circle, using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
- To get ½ cup of oats flour, grind ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer and use as required.
See step by step images of Mini Oats Khakhra Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.