Oats and Spring Onion Parathas Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 18768 times
These paratha are made with a combination of oats and wheat flour to initiate you to the taste of fibre filled oats. I have used the spring onion filling as it helps to disguise the raw taste of oats. These ar best served hot.
Recipe Description for Oats and Spring Onion Parathas
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and make a dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic, green-chilli paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onion greens and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out 2 portions of the dough, each into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle, using a little wheat flour.
- Place a dough circle on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling over it.
- Place the other dough circle over it and seal it tightly.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle), using 1/4 tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 1 more paratha.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Oats and Spring Onion Parathas Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.