by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 545 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46740 times
Khakras are extremely popular snacks. They are nothing but thinly rolled out masala (or plain) chapatis which are made crisp over a tava (griddle). Khakras are readily available at most farsan shops and I get stumped at variety they come up with each time. The other day, I came across pav bhaji khakras, Punjabi masala khakra - the list was endless! You can however use the flavour you like the most or simply plain khakras or even tortilla chips! This recipe uses khakras (broken into pieces) topped with paneer, sweet corn and green peas tossed in an aromatic tomato topping. This is a recipe that the entire family will relish. It is elegant and truly simple to prepare!
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, sweet corn kernels, green peas, tomatoes, sugar, chilli powder, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Divide the khakhra pieces into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the tomato topping into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a portion of the khakra pieces on a serving plate and top it with a portion of the tomato topping.
- Repeat step 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Khakhra Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.