Healthy Coconut Chutney Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Viewed 12636 times
Coconut is high in saturated (bad) fats that cause obesity and heart diseases and aggravate diabetes. Reduce the quantity of coconut you normally use and add roasted coriander, urad dal and chana dal for healthier, tastier chutney.
Recipe Description for Healthy Coconut Chutney
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the chana and urad dal and lightly roast them till they turn crisp and brown in colour. Keep aside to cool.
- When cool, blend the dals in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Add the coconut, coriander, green chillies, ginger and salt to it and blend to a smooth paste 5 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 10 seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the chutney and mix well.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
See step by step images of Healthy Coconut Chutney Recipe
Nutrient values per tablespoon
| 31 kcal|| 1.0 gm|| 2.8 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 0.2 mg|| 0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.