How many calories does one wedges of Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs have?
One wedges of Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs gives 424 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 198 calories, proteins account for 30 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 195 calories. One wedges of Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs provides about 21 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs Recipe. When it comes to baking Cakes, practice makes one perfect, and the Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs is an ideal recipe to start off with as it is simple and useful.
A vanilla sponge cake always comes in handy, as it is subtle in nature, allowing the other ingredients in the final creation – be it a fruity sauce, an elaborate decoration, or even an Indian mithai – to stand out and take the bow.
Remember that when baking cakes, everything matters, right from how you fold the batter to the temperature of the oven. So, follow the instructions carefully. When folding the batter, remember to mix in only one direction.
One more important thing to remember is to not over mix or over beat the eggs and to add a little flour with the eggs so as to prevent them from curdling.
Is Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
2. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels.
However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories,. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protects against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
What's the problem?
1. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
2. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Can healthy individuals have Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs?
Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 424 calories that come from Rich Vanilla Sponge Cake Using Eggs?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 7 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 42 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 57 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.