How many calories does one serving of Pumpkin and Potatoes Sabzi have?
One serving (180 grams) of Pumpkin and Potatoes sabzi gives 103 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 33 calories, proteins account for 5 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 65 calories. One serving of Pumpkin and Potatoes provides about 5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Total weight on sabzi is 550 grams and serves 3.
103 calories for 1 serving of Pumpkin and Potatoes- Rajasthani Style, Cholesterol 1.2 mg, Carbohydrates 8.2g, Protein 1.3g, Fat 7.1g. Find how much fibre, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, folic acid is present in Pumpkin and Potatoes- Rajasthani Style.
Click here to view Pumpkin and Potatoes recipe. Rajasthani kaddu aur aloo ki sabzi | bholpa aloo sabji | aloo kaddu | with 30 amazing images.
pumpkin potato sabzi is a popular Rajasthani sabji. Learn how to make bholpa aloo sabji.
Almost all the aromatic spices and seeds in your masala dabba come together in this pumpkin potato sabzi recipe, transforming two simple, everyday vegetables into a mouth-watering delicacy.
Curds, tomatoes and dried mango powder impart the required tang to the potatoes and red pumpkin cubes in pumpkin potato sabzi, while a couple of common spice powders like coriander-cumin powder and chilli powder add to the aroma and spice.
Tips for pumpkin potato sabzi 1. Cut the pumpkin into big cubes, as after cooking they shrink in size slightly. 2. You can cut the ghee to 1 tablespoon to make the sabzi.
Rajasthani Style Pumpkin and Potatoes is nothing short of a tongue-tickler, perfect to be served with steaming hot rice or rotis fresh off the tava.
Is pumpkin and potatoes sabzi healthy ?
Yes, this is healthy. Small changes required to be made.
1. Red Pumpkin ( kaddu, bhopla) : A cup of pumpkin cubes fulfils your day’s requirement of Vitamin A (5526 mcg), thus making it a super food for your eyes. Kaddu can be included in safe amounts or restricted amounts by diabetics. The magical combo of antioxidants and Vitamins A and Vitamin C create a shield against cancer cells. The antioxidants help reducing LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and clogging the blood vessels, which if persists would increase the risk of heart disease. Read is pumpkin healthy?
2. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem ?
Potatoes (Aloo) : Potatoes being high in simple carbohydrates which can lead to weight gain and are not good for people with diabetes and obesity. Potatoes are recommended for malnourished children and people with low weight. See full details on why potatoes are bad for you.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Kaddu ki Subzi ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT in small amounts for diabetics and weight loss. You cannot have this as your main sabzi. Kaddu can be included in safe amounts or restricted amounts by diabetics. The magical combo of antioxidants and Vitamins A and Vitamin C create a shield against cancer cells. The antioxidants help reducing LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and clogging the blood vessels, which if persists would increase the risk of heart disease.
Also you need to remove the potatoes in the recipe and replace with more tomatoes or some other vegetable.
Can healthy individuals have Kaddu ki Sabzi?
Yes, this is healthy.
What to have with Kaddu ki Sabzi?
Always confusing what to pair with a healthy sabi. Rice or not. Our call is to look for healthy options. If you are having rice, we say take a very small amount of rice and loads of dal. Rice is high in carbs so watch it.
We highly recommend having a bajra roti, jowar roti and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination. Note that when you combine any dal with any cereal ( bajra, jowar, ragi, whole wheat ) then the protein quality is enhanced.
Pumpkin and Potatoes Sabzi is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 103 calories that come from one serving of Pumpkin and Potatoes Subzi?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.