How many calories does one slice Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt have?
One slice Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt gives 30 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 8 calories, proteins account for 3 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 18 calories. One slice Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt provides about 2 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt recipe. Eggplant is an amazing vegetable – those who love it will never stop experimenting with it, because so many delectable dishes can be prepared with it!
Just have a look at this ingredients list – can you believe this dish is made with just eggplant, salt and olive oil yet tastes so yummy?
All you need to do is cook the eggplant slices on a grill pan and drizzle it with oil and sprinkle a little salt, and voila, you have a healthy and irresistibly tasty treat on your table.
Like all grilled dishes, the Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt must be served immediately to relish the crispness of the grilled eggplant.
Is Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Brinjal (baingan) : Foods like Brinjal have a low glycemic index and good for weight loss. Brinjals are a very good source of fibre. It also prevents blood glucose from shooting up and is good for diabetics. Brinjals are rich in folate, which is required for producing Red Blood Cells (RBC’s) and also helps to prevent anaemia. See all the 7 amazing benefits of baingan.
Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil ?
Yes, this is good for all. Brinjals are a very good source of fibre. It also prevents blood glucose from shooting up and is good for diabetics. Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties.
Can healthy individuals have Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil ?
Yes, this is a healthy recipe.
Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil are good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
7. Low carb snacks
6. Kids snacks
8 Pointers to Go Healthy and Stay Healthy
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
Mixed Sprouts Salad
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 30 calories that come from Grilled Baingan in Olive Oil and Sea Salt?
Walking (6 kmph) = 9 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.