How many calories does one serving of Fatless Maa ki Dal have?
One serving of Fatless Maa ki Dal gives 139 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 97 calories, proteins account for 36 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 5 calories. One serving of Fatless Maa ki Dal provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Fatless Maa ki Dal recipe. So, here a fatless version of Maa ki Dal, which not only retains the same love and care, but traditional flavour too! This recipe stays away from high fat butter and cream, and uses low-fat curds to recreate the same rich texture. Enjoy this potassium rich Fatless Maa ki Dal steaming hot with whole wheat phulkas or rice.
Is Fatless Maa ki Dal healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Chilkewali Urad Dal ( split black gram with skin) : Rich in proteins.
2. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Fatless Maa ki Dal ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Low fat curds help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart.
Can healthy individuals have Fatless Maa ki Dal ?
Fatless Maa ki Dal is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss Dals
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Healthy Heart Dals
5. Weight loss after Pregnancy
7. Cold and cough
8. Diabetic Dals
9. Pregnancy First Trimester
Fatless Maa ki Dal is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 139 calories that come from Fatless Maa ki Dal?
Walking (6 kmph) = 42 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 14 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 19 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 24 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.