How many calories does one serving of Citrus Watermelon Salad have?
One serving ( about 186 grams) of Citrus Watermelon Salad gives 93 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 54.4 calories, proteins account for 4.8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 34.2 calories. One serving of Citrus Watermelon Salad provides about 4.6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
1 serving of Citrus Watermelon Salad, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 13.6g, Protein 1.2g, Fat 3.8g.
citrus watermelon salad recipe | pomegranate citrus Indian salad | weight loss orange sweet lime and pomegranate salad | with 15 amazing images.
citrus watermelon salad is a light Indian salad made in a parsley extra virgin olive oil dressing. Learn to make weight loss orange sweet lime and pomegranate salad.
citrus watermelon salad, everybody’s favourite, watermelon is God’s gift to mankind to help beat the hot summer sun! Here is one more reason to love this refreshing fruit – it is a wonderful source of iron!
weight loss orange sweet lime and pomegranate salad has vitamin C rich foods like orange, sweet lime and lemon juice, which helps improve iron absorption. Aromatic parsley enhances the Citrus Watermelon Salad by bringing in more iron, and a tantalising colour and flavour too.
Watermelon is low in calories and full of water, thus is good for weight loss too. Citrulline in watermelon has been studied for its effect on heart function and it was revealed that it improves heart function and helps in the treatment of heart failure.
Is Citrus Watermelon Salad healthy?
Yes, Citrus Watermelon Salad is healthy, but conditions apply.
Let's see what's good.
1. Oranges, Sweet Lime (Mosambi) Citrus fruits : These fruits are low in calorie and rich source of fiber. They are also low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges and Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A also. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
2. Watermelon (tarbuj) : Watermelon is low in calories and full of water, thus is good for weight loss too. Citrulline in watermelon has been studied for its effect on heart function and it was revealed that it improves heart function and helps in the treatment of heart failure. Watermelons are a good source of Vitamin C and vitamin A which help in neutralizing free radicals thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. Watermelons are incredibly high in Iron and help in the treatment of anaemia. See detailed 14 benefits of watermelon, tarbuj.
3. Pomegranate, Anar : Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory properties. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit. Pomegranates contain nitrates which are shown to improve exercise performance. A study conducted on athletes stated that pomegranates if taken 30 minutes before exercise, significantly enhances the blood flow to the exercising muscles. High in vitamin C, a good source of fiber and low in calories, pomegranate juice contains antioxidants that will help to protect your blood lipids from oxidation and good for heart. See detailed benefits of pomegranate.
4. Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Olive oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures. Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest, avoid vegetable oil.
5. Parsley : Parsley is a fairly good source of calcium, which is definitely known to support bone strength. Adding parsley to you meals daily will help you build your red blood cells count and haemoglobin levels and overcome anaemia. A glass of juice with parsley like Carrot Spinach and parsley Juice is a very good detox to flush out toxins from your body and fight kidney stones. A cup of freshly chopped parsley fulfils your days requirement of vitamin C and vitamin K and folate. Parsley is part of Heart-friendly foods. See detailed benefits of parsley.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Citrus Watermelon Salad ?
Yes, healthy for all. Citrus fruits are low in calorie and rich source of fiber. They are also low carb and high in Vitamic C. Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory properties. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit.
Can healthy individuals have Citrus Watermelon Salad ?
Citrus Watermelon Salad is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.