How many calories does one serving of Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad have?
One serving of Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad gives 29 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 24 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 0.9 calories. One serving of Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad recipe. A healthier salad, the Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad is chock-full of the powerful vitamins A and C, which not only ward off the evils of pollution and stress, but also tone down the negative effects of high glucose levels. This healthy salad is also a treat to munch on, orange segments gives the crunchy veggies a delightfully tangy twist.
Is Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Lettuce : Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss. Being rich in Vitamin C works as an immune building vitamin by way of helping multiply white blood cells (WBC). Lettuce abounds in Vitamin A – Stops Inflammation and Improves Eyesight. Keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. Rich in Folic acid, one such nutrient which a mother-to-be should start building the reserve of much before conception. See benefits of lettuce.
2. Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
3. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
4. Oranges, Citrus fruits : Low in calorie and rich source of fiber. Fruits are low carb and high in Vitamic C. Oranges, Sweet Lime are rich in Vitamin A. Sadly in India, poor rural families who don't get enough fruits like oranges, mango and papaya have high incidence of night-blindness. Read this article on benefits of citrus fruits.
5. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Lettuce is low in calories and aids in Weight Loss, keeps heart healthy and manages diabetes. Cabbage relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Coriander good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics.
This salad uses natural fresh ingredients and has no fat added to it.
Can healthy individuals have Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad ?
Yes, this is a healthy salad.
Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 29 calories that come from Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 9 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.