How many calories does one Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela have?
One Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela gives 236 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 123 calories, proteins account for 43 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 70 calorie. One Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela provides about 12 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
236 calories for 1 Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 30.7g, Protein 10.7g, Fat 7.9g.
Click here to view Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela recipe. Rajasthani besan cheela | healthy gram flour veg omelette | with amazing 19 amazing images.
This besan chilla recipe also called Rajasthani besan cheela is a tasty Indian pancake made of besan (gram flour), spices and herbs.
Chilla or Cheela are popular Indian crepes. They have a texture similar to a soft dosa. Besan cheela or besan chilla is prepared with gram flour, spices and sometimes with a dash of vegetables. healthy gram flour veg omelette makes for a quick and easy breakfast or evening snack. You can relish them as it is with pudina chutney and sweet chutney or stuff it between bread slices to make a wholesome Besan Chila Sandwich.
The Rajasthani besan cheela is very convenient and easy to make as the batter does not require any soaking, grinding or fermentation. Just mix together besan and a couple of readily-available spice powders, and you are ready to cook the pancakes. Gujarati besan cheela is made with basic and minimum of ingredients and is also a protein rich dish! We have combined besan with turmeric powder, chili powder, asafoetida, coriander and water. We have made a batter out of it.
Make sure to add water in batches as adding water in one go might make it lumpy. To make besan chillanutritious, add vegetables of your choice like grated cabbage, carrot or finely chopped capsicum, onion, tomatoes. Ensure the veggies are tiny so, you can spread the chilla easily without tearing.
See why we call is it healthy gram flour veg omelette? Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. If you are diabetic, watch the oil quantity and at most have only one chilla.
Is Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
3. Peanut Oil :We suggest you use peanut oil or coconut oil instead of vegetable oil in the recipe. Peanut oil has the highest amount of MUFA (around 49%) amongst all the other remaining common cooking oils. The remaining 51% is PUFA and SFA. Most households in western Indian use peanut oil as a cooking medium. If you have to choose amongst the cooking oils, after avocado oil and coconut oil, this peanut oil gets a spot-on. But when compared to other MUFA based oils, this oil is considered to be high in omega-6 fatty acids, which often may tend to harm your body without you realizing it. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT cut the oil usage by half and use peanut oil. Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow.
Is Besan chilla good for weight loss ?
Yes, as it's made from besan, a complex carb.
Healthy Chutney to have with besan chilla
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander, lehsun ka chutney, green garlic chutney or green chutney recipe. Coconut based options are healthy coconut chutney made from coconut and coriander and coconut coriander green chutney for idlis dosa uttapam vada.
Nutritious Green Chutney
Can healthy individuals have Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela?
Besan Chilla are rich in below macronutrients, vitamins and minerals given in descending order (highest to lowest).
- Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy. 38% of RDA.
- Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains. 32% of RDA.
- Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones. 28% of RDA.
- Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells. 20% of RDA.
- Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body. Have protein rich Indian foods like paneer, curd, Greek yoghurt, tofu, almonds, sprouts, chana, rajma, chick peas, quinoa, buckwheat ). 19 % of RDA.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 236 calories that come from one Besan Chilla, Besan Cheela?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 11 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 24 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 40 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual