How many calories does one serving of Baked Nachni Sev have?
One serving of Baked Nachni Sev gives 192 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 142 calories, proteins account for 14 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 36 calories. One serving of Baked Nachni Sev provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Baked Nachni Sev recipe. Nachni is one of the best sources of iron, and having it as a roti is a very good idea. But have it too often in the same form, and you will tend to get bored. So, once you understand the nutrient profile of an ingredient, it is good to explore various ways in which it can be included in your diet. Here we present a truly lip-smacking way to consume nachni, to top up on iron and keep anemia at bay. A soft dough of nachni perked up with spice powders, lemon juice, etc., is pressed out as sev and baked to perfection. Ready in less than half an hour, this delicious Baked Nachni Sev can be stored in an air-tight container, ready to munch at snack time!
Is Baked Nachni Sev healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, fiber rich food which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat. Ragi is rich in Magnesium which improves insulin response by lowering insulin resistance. A must read for the 11 benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
2. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Baked Nachni Sev?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT in restricted quantity. Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, fiber rich food which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. Ragi flour creates a much lower surge in sugar levels compared to wheat.
Can healthy individuals have Baked Nachni Sev?
Baked Nachni Sev is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism,
prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 192 calories that come from Baked Nachni Sev?
Walking (6 kmph) = 58 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 19 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 26 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 33 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.