How many calories does one serving of Tabbouleh have?
One serving of Tabbouleh gives 69 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 15 calories, proteins account for 3 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 51 calories. One serving of Tabbouleh provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Tabbouleh recipe. Tabbouleh is a popular Middle Eastern vegetarian recipe, made by tossing together veggies like tomatoes and onions with herbs and lemon juice.A seasoning of freshly ground black pepper enhances the flavours of all the other ingredients making this salad super tasty. Sometimes, cooked broken wheat is also added to this salad, to make it more filling. Serve this salad with pita bread , to make a tasty meal.
Is Tabbouleh healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Parsley : Parsley is a fairly good source of calcium, which is definitely known to support bone strength. Adding parsley to you meals daily will help you build your red blood cells count and haemoglobin levels and overcome anaemia. A glass of parsley juice is a very good detox to flush out toxins from your body and fight kidney stones. A cup of freshly chopped parsley fulfils your days requirement of vitamin C and vitamin K and folate. Parsley is part of Heart-friendly foods. See detailed benefits of parsley.
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. This is one of the healthiest oil you can opt for. It has around 77% of MUFA. Olive oil, especially the extra virgin olive oil, is unrefined oil in its natural state and free of chemicals. Moreover, olive oil also possess polyphenols – a type of antioxidant which protects body cells and maintains heart health as well. Popular in Mediterranean cooking, this oil works best for salad dressings or quick sautéing recipes. They cannot be used for prolonged cooking at high temperatures.Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much. Read the super article of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
5. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Tabbouleh?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. A cup of freshly chopped parsley fulfils your days requirement of vitamin C and vitamin K and folate. Parsley is part of Heart-friendly foods. Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin.
Can healthy individuals have Tabbouleh?
Tabbouleh is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 69 calories that come from Tabbouleh?
Walking (6 kmph) = 21 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 12 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.